I hear a lot of people trying to share their business opportunity by using the phrase “Would you be INTERESTED in an opportunity …?” You see most people are NOT interested …. a key word change that will dramatically increase the likelihood that you will have MORE conversations about your business opportunity or your product is switching the INTERESTED for OPEN – so “Would you be OPEN to an opportunity …?”
Leveraging Would You Be Open …
The language “would you be open” has a special affect on people. You see, most everyone you know WANT to be thought of as having an OPEN mind. When you ask the question “Would you be open to an opportunity to make extra money in part time hours,” most people don't want to say no. They want to be thought of as OPEN. When you ask the question “are you interested in an opportunity,” it's much easier for them to say NOPE, they're not interested.
Before you even ask the question …
It's important to build some rapport with whomever you're talking with before you POP the question. Think of it like this … when you're looking for your ideal “mate,” do you just go asking everyone around you “Would you like to marry me?” No way. You're trying to hit a grand slam without really even being up at bat. Here's what to do.
Ways to incorporate “would you be open” into your prospecting language
- Greet your prospect.
- Do a little research (I like to go to their Facebook profile). Try to find some commonality.
- Show a genuine interest in something they've shared on social media.
- Ask questions (without it being an interrogation)
- Ask them “Would you be open to … here's some ideas …
- Would you be open to being on my newsletter?
- Would you be open to learning how to make extra money in part time hours if it didn't interfere with what you're currently doing?
- Would you be open to giving my product a try to see if it would be a good fit for you?
You do have to get to the point quickly if you feel like you'd like to work with them (or if you feel your product can help them).
Don't go for the grand slam! Start with real conversations and take it to the next level. Your prospect will respect you for it.
Here's an older video I did about how to make real connections on Facebook. I hope you enjoy it.
Did This Blog Help You? If so, I would greatly appreciate if you commented below and shared on Facebook so that others could benefit.
Need some help? Send me an email or give me a call!
Join my newsletter here.
call or txt me @ 612-231-5064
P.S. If You Aren’t Generating Leads Into Your Business and Your Upline Doesn’t have An ONLINE Marketing Blueprint In Place, Click Here For Access.