Are you craving for people to “engage” with you on Facebook? Do you feel like your Facebook posts are AMAZING, yet no one is liking or commenting on your posts? Would you like to know how to create engagement to build your business on Facebook?
I was having breakfast with my entrepreneur friends and one of them asked me – why aren't people engaging in my posts? I shared with her that Facebook regularly changes it's algorithm to ensure that their customers have the BEST experience they can. If there's something in your that Facebook doesn't like (like a link to the outside) or that no one in your circle is “reacting” to it, Facebook doesn't insert your posts into your friend's newsfeed.
How to Create Engagement
Things to consider when you post if you want to create engagement:
- BE ACTIVE in Facebook! Make sure you're spending at least 10 minutes actually reading, commenting and liking other people's posts. Don't try to ‘trick” an algorithm. Pretend like the people on your FB feed are standing RIGHT in front of you. How would you treat them? Would you scroll by them or would you take the time to personally interact with them?
- BE GENUINELY YOU – People can smell fake a mile away. If you want to create engagement to build your business, you need to show the REAL you. Going LIVE helps people to get know you better. And don't worry if you make mistakes – people actually can see that you're human! I flub up my words or my kids interrupt me all the time. We are not actors. Your TRIBE will be attracted to the REAL you – makeup, no makeup, messy hair, whatever you are – BE YOU.
- LIKE and COMMENT your OWN posts – This is the only “trick” I've heard that actually helps create engagement. Plus, don't you want to give yourself a high 5?
- RESPOND to everyone's comments – People want to know that you've SEEN what they've had to say to you. If you take the time to respond to each comment, you're more likely to get them to KEEP commenting on your future posts.
- ASK for Engagement – There are several ways that you can create engagement on your Facebook posts.
- Voting contest – You can put up 2 or more different pictures and ask which one people like best.
- Ask a question – People LOVE to give away advice. If you're looking for the best place to take your husband out for a special dinner – many local friends will give you their favorite spots. If you're looking for which vacuum cleaner to buy – throw it out there! (honestly – I got tons of engagement on that one).
- Ask for people to comment, like and share. I tend to do this on my Facebook lives. The more people interact while you're going live – the better chance it will show up in other people's news feeds.
And none of this does any good if you don't have an open profile. If you need help with making sure your posts can actually be seen, check out this video about creating an open profile.
If you're more of a visual and listener learner, watch the video below.
Did This Blog Help You? If so, I would greatly appreciate if you commented below and shared on Facebook so that others could benefit.
Need some help? Send me an email or give me a call!
Join my newsletter here.
call or txt me @ 612-231-5064
P.S. If You Aren’t Generating Leads Into Your Business and Your Upline Doesn’t have An ONLINE Marketing Blueprint In Place, Click Here For Access.